Red Ribbon Club (RRC)
Red Ribbon Club of ADM College was started in 2005. It focuses on educating women students and other members in the wider community on sexuality and HIV/AIDS. It develops life skills and instills a spirit of compassion towards people living with HIV/AIDS in our country.
The sponsoring body of RRC is Tamil Nadu State Aids Control Society (TANSACS). RRC functions under the guidance of National Service Scheme of Bharathidasan University, which is the implementing agency. Every year 50 students are enrolled as the members of the club. Resource persons are prescribed by TANSACS and besides their lectures and classes, blood donation awareness meetings, visit ICTC centers and competitions are held to the volunteers.
- To reduce new HIV infection among youth by raising their risk perception through awareness on Sex, Sexuality and HIV / AIDS.
- The RRC aims at harnessing the potential of youth by equipping them with correct information on HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support and Treatment
- To instill life skills into youths to live better and healthier life.
- Increasing the capacity of the education system in teaching, training of various basic health aspects and helping the adolescents and youths for achieving positive health.
- To motivate youth and build their capacity as peer educators and change agents by developing their skills on leadership, negotiation, and team building.
- To promote voluntary non-remunerated blood donation among youth.
- Promote Regular voluntary blood donation by young people and increase access to safe and adequate quantities of blood.
- Dr. N. Punithalakshmi, Asst. Prof. of Tamil
- Dr. R. Veera, Asst. Prof. of Tamil