About the Library
The visionary founders of the institution were ambitious to transform the society through educating women. Hence, the institution was started for the benefit of the young girls of this coastal town in the International women’s year 1975.
Library is a heart of an institution which collect, store and transmit update information to the teachers, students, scientists and those engaged in research and institution.
The Department of Library is every year conducting National Library week programme, World Book Day celebration, Librarians’ day, Workshops and Seminars. The Department has MOU with the Nagapattinam District Central Library, SALIS Association and NDLI Club. Under MOU, the Department conducted academic exchange programmes to enhance knowledge of the students.
- College library of A.D.M. College for women is established in 1975.
- It is located next to the main building in a vast area 589.985 Sq.m.
- The library has a good collections of books, Competitive examination books, Journals, Magazine & Newspapers, CD’s, Back Volumes of Journals, Thesis, Question bank covering various branches of Arts and Science.
- Library can Accommodate around 168 members at time in the three floors.
- Books are arranged according to the need and interest of the students, following the “Dewey Decimal Classification System” with local variation.
- The Digital section is fitted with 32 computers for accessing digital resources available in the form of CDs, DVDs, and also to access online resources.
- Current Awareness Services is rendered through Library e-groups (WhatsApp and Google Groups) for Faculty and Students.
- Readers Club is part of the library which conducts inter-departmental competitions, a self-study group formed to prepare for competitive examinations and career developments.
- Internet browsing centre is functioning with free of cost in the second floor of the library building.
- To develop and enhance the capability of the library resources and services in meet the demands of the curricular, instructional, and research programs of the academic community.
- Right Information to the Right User at the Right time.
- To provide excellent information resources, deliver quality services and facilities to meet the research, teaching and learning needs of the Institution.
- To provide services that enhance the quest for knowledge and intellectual activity.
- To create various bibliographies and library pathfinders for easy access and retrieval of information.