PROFILE OF THE DEPARTMENT
In the year 2018, a skill development course B.Voc Software Development In Multimedia And Animation was sanctioned by UGC and started with 18 students as an initial strength. A vocational course is meant to give students skills based on practical activities related to specific Service, trade or profession so that they can get employment or become self-employed professionals. The course has been designed to offer updated syllabi in consultation with leading industries in the respective fields. The students will be required to undergo on the job training in a reputed industry during the course. The aim of the course is, therefore, to train the students as per the latest requirements of the industry so that they can get employment quickly. This course intended i.e. Multimedia and Animation is proposed for creating high quality graphics and animation professionals. Emphasis on practical based training, in diploma courses and in degree in animation, gives the students hands on experience on various 2D and 3D animation software and other creative skills like drawing, sketching, sculpting, classical animation, model making, short films, creative projects, major / minor projects, pixel animation. There has been a great improvement in the demand for computer professionals during the past few years. To cater to certain graphical oriented requirements of the business sector, the Computer graphics and Animation course syllabus has been drafted. The three years course comprises of six semesters leads to the bachelor of vocation degree with multiple exits such as Diploma/ Advanced Diploma at first and second year respectively. For admission into degree, it shall be necessary for a student to have obtained not less than 50% marks in the Intermediate +2 examinations. This course is a full time course. The course contents are designed to ensure that the students are given a right mix of theoretical and practical training by a dedicated and qualified faculty with the latest training aids. A Placement Cell of the college/ Tie ups will help students find suitable placement in industry.
- To provide proper mix of skills relating to a job role and appropriate content of General Education.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are prepared to work at each exit point of the program.
- To integrate NSQF within the undergraduate level of higher education in order to enhance employability of the graduates and meet industry requirements.
- To impart knowledge with a judicious mix of general education and skill components.
- Train the students with the progressive technologies to enter into animation field.
- Approved by the University Grant Commission (UGC)
- Fostered curriculum to international standards
- Industry and field exposure by tie ups, case studies, site visits, onsite workshops, market surveys.
- Skill enhancements trainings, workshops and online courses
- Advanced and well-equipped Labs such as media center and video capturing Lab.
- Industry Simulated Hands-on Training using latest tools and techniques
- Practical application using latest versions of tools / software
- Exposure to Industry interaction & workshops
- Explain the fundamentals of Graphics and various aspects of drawings
- Exposure to Social Media tools and techniques.
- Practical training on job roles such as Graphic Designer, Social Media Executive, Social Media Manager, Digital Marketing Manager
- No age limit
- Multiple entry and multiple exit options
- More than 60% course time is spent in skill based training
- The programme is credit based which covers general education and vocational skills
- Excellent Studio for practicals
- Emphasis on Domain skills, Communication skills, Computer application and employable skills
- Executive Producer
- Producer/ Project Manager
- Creative Writer
- Multimedia Designer
- Art Director
- Visual Designer
- Interface Designer
- Subject Matter Expert
- Instructional Designer/ Training Specialist
- Script Writer
- Animator 2D, 3D
- Sound Producer
- Music Composer
- Video Producer
- Multimedia Programmer
- HTML Coder
- Marketing Director
- Graphic Designer
- Social Media Executive
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager